Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Ideas Galore!

Okay, so they're not new ideas "galore," per se. But since I have been without my own kitchen for five days now, I did not waste precious time. Instead of baking, I thought of future projects. And, not to brag or anything, but I've come up with some fairly phenomenal ideas, if I may say so myself. Here they are:

1. Marbled Pound Cake -- I had some at Starbucks three days ago and now I want to have some in my house, all the time
2. Cappuccino Crème brûlée -- made in individual cappuccino cups
3. Chocolate Covered Love Stamp Cookies

Now, you may be thinking to yourself: "What are these chocolate covered love stamp cookies you speak of, Iana?" Well, here's the idea:

I would probably take some chocolate chip cookie dough, cut it in squares, and bake it. Then, after taking it out of the oven and letting them cool, I would cover them in chocolate ganache and right as the ganache starts hardening, I would stamp a heart or a love something or other on top. This way, it would look like a Valentine's Day postage stamp (you know the ones they come out with every year around February and that a lot of people use on engagement and wedding invitations)... but it would be bigger and made with chocolate! Of course, I probably won't make this one till it's closer to Valentine's Day so as to not spoil the surprise. That and I haven't quite figured out how I could stamp a stamp design into the chocolate ganache. So if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Potatoes work well as stamps...just cut whatever design you want in them (make sure your design is sticking out not carved in). I'm not sure about chocolate as a medium, but they work well with paints.

    ReplyDelete